Parent Education Night on March 7, 2023
Anxiety: A Christian Perspective on Guiding Children Through Worry, Fear, and Pressure
We all would like to live a life free from anxiety, worry, fear, and pressure. At the same time, most of us would gladly take on all the anxiety, worry, fear, and pressure in the world to spare our children from it. This, of course, is an unattainable goal. As Job said, “As sure as sparks fly to heaven, man is born to trouble.” Job 5:7.
In this parent education class, Mr. Warmouth will share insight on anxiety in children, cultural pressures unique to this generation, advice for shepherding children through times of anxiety, and temptations that may be unique to students in classical Christian schools.
If you would like to get a quick preview, Mrs. Warmouth recently had an article published in The Classical Difference on anxiety in children. We’ve also covered this topic on BaseCamp LIVE with Chris Perrin HERE.
- WHO: Everyone! All parents at all grade levels will benefit from this night of learning and encouragement.
- WHAT: Soup & Salad Dinner + learning + fellowship. $7 per person.
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 7, Soup & Salad Dinner from 6:00pm – 6:30pm; talk will begin approximately 6:40pm
- CHILDCARE: Provided! Please include any children for childcare in your RSVP. Children will be served pizza for dinner (no charge).
- RSVP & PAYMENT: Please RSVP here in ParentSquare. We will charge your FACTS account $7 for each adult attending.
- NOTE: The dinner portion of the evening is optional. If you only come for the talk, please arrive by 6:30pm. If you would still like to use childcare, RSVP then leave a comment that you are not having dinner.