The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
In Grammar School, we seek the following:
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our Upper School, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Open positions for Fall 2023:
To apply for a position listed below, please complete the following requirements and send all documents to email@example.com.
- Complete the appropriate application listed below.
Ambrose Employment Application
Ambrose Teacher Application
Bridge Teacher Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter that details your experience with classical Christian education, and your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life.
- Complete a written response to Dorothy Sayer’s essay the “Lost Tools of Learning” (Teacher Candidates Only).
Lost Tools Of Learning Essay-Dorothy Sayers
Drama Assistant: We are seeking a part-time assistant to help our drama department with the backstage responsibilities for our annual productions. General responsibilities include; obtaining and managing all costumes, costume fittings and props, and communicate schedules and needs to volunteers and parents of drama students. The hours for this position are approximately 5-6 hours per week and would increase during the week of the production. Assistant is required to attend weekly club time meetings from 3pm – 5pm on Wednesdays. To apply for this position please complete the employment application above and send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and cover letter that details your faith story.
Locust Grove Office Assistant: We are seeking a part-time office assistant for our Locust Grove campus. This is a year round position working 9:00am – 1:00pm, Monday through Friday. General responsibilities include; answering phones, welcoming visitors, assisting parents with questions, caring for the immediate needs of the students, and taking ownership of special projects as assigned. Please complete the employment application listed above and send to email@example.com along with your resume and a cover letter that details your faith story.
The Ambrose School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, scholarships, hiring, or other school-directed policies.