The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
In Grammar School, we seek the following:
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our Upper School, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Open positions for Fall 2023:
To apply for a position listed below, please complete the following requirements and send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the appropriate application listed below.
Ambrose Employment Application
Ambrose Teacher Application
Bridge Teacher Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Complete a written response to Dorothy Sayer’s essay the “Lost Tools of Learning” (Teacher Candidates Only).
Lost Tools Of Learning Essay-Dorothy Sayers
- A cover letter that details your experience with classical Christian education, and your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life.
Upper School Science Teacher: We are seeking an upper school Science instructor to join our faculty team on our Locust Grove campus. This position is currently part time, but has the potential to be increased to a full time position. Qualified candidates will posses an undergraduate degree in Science or related field, a minimum of two years teaching experience and a familiarity with current pedagogical and scientific instructional methods is ideal. Candidates should have a passion for high school Science that is reflected in a pedagogy of embodied learning as demonstrated through experience running labs. Please include how your Christian faith impacts your daily life, and how your education and past experience could be utilized at our school in your cover letter.
Upper School Humanities Teacher: We are seeking a full-time Humanities instructor to join our upper school faculty team at our Locust Grove campus. Qualified candidates will possess an undergraduate degree in a related field and have a minimum of two years teaching experience. We desire a candidate that is familiar with classical Christian education, has strengths in ancient or medieval studies, a love for the classics and a desire to develop that love in our students. We look for teachers who inspire students to love rather than just know, who seek to know God more fully, and who desire to become part of our community. Please include how your Christian Faith impacts your daily life, and how your education and past experience could be utilized at our school in your cover letter.
Upper School Latin Teacher: We are seeking a full-time Latin instructor to join our faculty team on our Locust Grove campus. Qualified candidates will possess an undergraduate degree and have a minimum of two years teaching experience. Our Latin instruction begins in 3rd grade and progresses through 5th grade using a reader system of teaching Latin. We then transition to Lingua Latina in 6th grade and continues through upper school (7th-12th grades). Please include how your Christian Faith impacts your daily life, and how your education and past experience could be utilized at our school in your cover letter.
Bridge Campus Upper School Math Teacher: We are seeking a part-time upper school math instructor for the 2023-2024 school year. The Bridge campus runs on a hybrid model that includes both classroom instruction and homeschool. Classes typically meet on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at The Vineyard Church. Qualified candidates will possess an undergraduate or higher degree in math or related field. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two years teaching experience and a familiarity with classical Christian education.
The Ambrose School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, scholarships, hiring, or other school-directed policies.