The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
In Grammar School, we seek the following:
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our Upper School, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Open positions for Spring 2021:
To apply for a position listed below, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please detail your experience with classical Christian education, your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life, references with email and phone number, and the position you are interested in.
Bridge 7th – 9th Grade Math Teacher – We are seeking part-time upper school instructor to teach Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry. The instructor will be responsible for teaching three periods per day on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at our Bridge Program. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a familiarity with classical Christian education.
Open positions for Fall 2021:
Bridge Upper School Humanities Teacher – We are seeking part-time upper school instructor to teach humanities. The instructor will be responsible for teaching on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at our Bridge Program. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and a familiarity with classical Christian education.
The Ambrose School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its admissions, scholarships, hiring, or other school-directed policies.