The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
In Grammar School, we seek the following:
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our Upper School, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Open positions for fall 2020:
To apply for a position listed below, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please detail your experience with classical Christian education, your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life, references with email and phone number, and the position you are interested in.
Mock Trial – We are seeking a Mock Trial coach to help us continue to build our Mock Trial program.
Yearbook – We are seeking a teacher for our Yearbook class that meets twice a week. We use the Josten’s online yearbook system which provides templates for the teacher and students to choose from. Graphic design knowledge is helpful but not required.
Preschool – We are seeking to hire a teacher for our new preschool program starting in the Fall of 2020. This class meets three mornings a week for a total of 12 hours of class time. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, familiarity with Classical Christian Education, a cheerful disposition and experience working with children.