The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
In Grammar School, we seek the following:
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our Upper School, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Open positions for fall 2020:
To apply for a position listed below, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please detail your experience with classical Christian education, your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life, references with email and phone number, and the position you are interested in.
Mock Trial – We are seeking a Mock Trial coach to help us continue to build our Mock Trial program.
Graphic Design – We are seeking a teacher for our Graphic Design class that meets twice a week and produces our yearbook.