Raising Sturdy Kids:
A 1-Day Parenting Retreat presented by Keith McCurdy
February 22, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Break at Noon for lunch)
FREE For all K – 12 Ambrose parents
The 1-day retreat will help parents focus on the basics of healthy parenting. Couples and single parents will learn how to approach parenting from the paradigm that most children are “normal” and in need of a common foundation of direction and training. During the 1-day retreat you will receive six hours of interactive group consultation and training (No worries: No role-play or power-point presentations).
- The difference between “normal” and “abnormal” childhood
- The correct role of emotions
- Understanding “emotional disordering”
- Learning how to allow your child/children to struggle in healthy ways
- Appropriate burdens, responsibilities, and limits for children
- Answering “What is the goal of parenting?”
- What does it really mean to “impress” Truth (Deut 6:7) and “train up” (Pr 22:6) a child?
For parents in need of childcare, please call the office (208) 323-3888 for the list of high school students available to babysit that day.