How Can I Help?
So many areas of our school would not function without the selfless giving of our volunteers. Even if you only have an hour or two to spare, we could use your help! There are so many events, activities, and functions that occur throughout the school year, and all of them need people to plan, coordinate, and staff them.
Please read the following information carefully and consider how and where you can fit into the life of our school. Some of these activities require small but long term, consistent time commitments. Others are one day, single shift opportunities. Several jobs you can even do from home!
Volunteer Area Descriptions
Home Room Parents
Home Room Parents are the most important volunteers in the school. We rely on them to know and respond to their teacher’s needs, to communicate effectively with parents for all class activities, and to distribute school-wide information to their class. They are front-line ambassadors and facilitators for parents.
Regular On-Site Volunteering
- Veritas: Work the counter in our very own coffee shop. Veritas is open from 7:30 – 12:30 each school day. Send an email to email@example.com if you can help.
- Exordium Setup: Prior to Exordium mornings, make coffee and have a table set up and ready for Exordium refreshments brought in by parents of the presenting class.
Periodic On-Site Volunteering
- Teacher Appreciation: Set up/clean up, decorate or provide a dish to one of several teacher appreciation events. Possibly help create tokens of appreciation for our teachers.
- Hospitality: Provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests at any of the following events: Exordium, Back to School Night, guest speakers, Grandparents Day. Help coordinate food, coffee, linens, flowers.
- Decorating: Every event has its own look that requires planning/prep and set-up of decorations. Work closely with Events Manager.
- Lost & Found Organizer: Manage and publicize the collection of items
- Assist with planning school events: Work closely and assist the school’s Events Manger with anything he/she might need help with while planning an event.
- Event Setup/Takedown: Manual labor for set-up and tear-down. Men and responsible young people are greatly appreciated.
- Auction projects: Help with student Christmas card creation or class baskets.
- Box Top submission prep: Collect box tops from school and prepare them for submission to Box Tops for Education twice a year.
- Silent Auction Donation Procurement: During auction season, mail or fax a prepared donation letter and donation form to be mailed or faxed to area businesses. Work closely with Events Manager.
- Substitute Teaching: College graduates may apply
- Classroom Volunteer: Volunteering specific to your child’s classroom (recess duty, copying, grading, field trip driver, etc.). Contact your Homeroom Parent.
Let us know how you’d like to help!