We are so excited about our 1st annual Reading Rally competition that will take place February 16th – March 15th. UPDATE: COMPETITION EXTENDED TO MONDAY, MARCH 19TH!
All K – 6 students ask friends and family to make a pledge for minutes read over a 4-week time period. All funds raised will go toward our financial aid fund for families needing tuition assistance.
Reading Rally is an inspiring way for families to come together to discover and enjoy great works of literature. For younger readers, this time of reading immersion often results in great strides in reading proficiency; for older readers, the adventure of a great book never fades. It is also a fundraiser with the sole purpose of bridging the financial gap that might otherwise keep like-minded families from attending The Ambrose School. All money raised goes to the Financial Aid Fund.
You and your children will have the opportunity to contact friends and family via email through a pledge gathering website – it is super easy! Pledges can be per minute or a flat rate pledge. The pledging period begins Friday, February 2nd and goes through the end of the competition. You will receive a link to the online site on February 2nd.
All students receiving $100 or more in pledges by Thursday, February 15th will receive an official digital bookmark timer to keep track of their minutes. Bookmarks will be delivered to the classrooms on Friday, February 16th.
Friday, February 2nd – Online pledge period begins – information sent home!
Friday, February 16th – Digital bookmarks delivered to students with $100 or more in pledges
Friday, February 16th – Competition begins! Let’s READ!
Thursday, March 19th – Competition ends!
Friday, March 23rd – Grammar school celebration after school!
If you would like to help with prize distribution each Tuesday during the competition, please email Julia Bengoechea-Little.
If you have questions, please contact Michele Vernon.
Get ready to read!
Reading Goals & Prize Packages
Reading Rally FAQs
- What is Reading Rally? A 4-week reading competition to inspire students to read!
- Who will be participating? All K-6 students.
- What are we raising money for? All funds raised will go to our Financial Aid Fund.
- Who do we invite to make a pledge? Friends, family members, neighbors, babysitters…have fun, no pressure!
- How do we gather pledges? We will be using a web based fundraising system. You will receive the link Friday, February 2nd!
- What if I don’t have a pledger’s email? We prefer all pledges are made through the online website for easy credit card payments. If someone wants to make a pledge for your child, without using the website, please have them make the check to The Ambrose School and put your child’s name in the memo.
- How do we track minutes read? Students will keep a weekly paper log of minutes and turn them in each Thursday.
- Are there prizes or incentives? Yes! Students will have the opportunity to read at the bronze, silver or gold level depending on their grade level. Grade level prizes will be delivered each Tuesday.
- What type of reading counts? Grade-level appropriate literature and Bible reading. Parents may read-aloud to students as well!
- Do audio books count? No, audio books do not count.
- What if my child reads too much, is there a limit? We want to encourage the love of reading but not at the expense of homework or sleep. Please use your parental discretion.