The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our secondary program, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
To apply for a position at The Ambrose School, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please detail your experience with classical Christian education, your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life, references with email and phone number, and the subject and/or grade levels you are interested in teaching.
Latin Teacher – We are accepting applications for a Latin teacher to join our faculty community. We are looking for a full-time teacher in our secondary program beginning in the fall of 2019. Our Latin instruction is conversational, using Orberg’s Lingua Latina. We are looking for a teacher who loves Latin and who is trained in or willing to learn comprehensible input and TPRS methodologies. We value teachers who inspire students to love rather than just to know, who seek to know God more fully and live a vibrant Christ-centered life, and who desire to be part of our community of life-long learners. Please send your resume with a cover letter that details your education and experience with classical Christian education and your testimony to personnel@theambroseschool.