The Ambrose School does not require state certification for teachers. We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
- Classroom experience
- A passion for classical Christian education
- A love of children
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- A personal love of learning
In our secondary program, we seek the following:
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education.
- A contagious love of learning.
- A demonstrated love of books, particularly The Great Books.
- Subject-matter expertise.
- A background from a classical Christian or Great Books school.
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony and be committed to the classical Christian vision. Applicants must demonstrate strong classroom aptitude and/or have excellent teaching references. Teacher certification not required. Teaching experience highly desirable.
As a rule, we always accept applications for Grammar School Teachers, particularly Upper-Grammar School, and Secondary Humanities Teachers. We are always seeking teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners.
Our teachers must be committed, orthodox protestant Christians with a living faith in Jesus Christ.
To apply for a position at The Ambrose School, send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Please detail your experience with classical Christian education, your faith story – how you came to know the Lord and how you are growing in your spiritual life, references with email and phone number, and the subject and/or grade levels you are interested in teaching.
5th/6th Grade Teacher for The Ambrose School Bridge Program
The Bridge Program is seeking a 5th/6th grade teacher for the fall of 2018. This is a part-time position. Classes meet two days a week and teachers prepare assignments for students to complete on the three at-home days. Successful candidates will have familiarity with and understanding of classical Christian education, be energetic and ready to learn with the students, and be willing to learn a new way of teaching. We prefer candidates with classical education backgrounds. Teaching experience is desired, but not required. Send your resume along with a cover letter detailing your background and your testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org